Been really getting into union issues, reading the TES and twitter this term. Think my professional development is really moving forward. I think the most reoccurring theme that keeps popping up is staff competence. This is all over the press at the moment and it appears to exist in the profession and very little can be done about it. Staff need support, but equally students need quality.
At the end of the day we are providing a service and our pay cheques are funded by the government and the students we teach! Enough said...
Got a huge week, week beginning Mon 6th December. Where do I start? Training Schools redesignation mtg; a trip to Warwick to present Blue Sky Education to other headteachers. A parents evening and then the grand opening of the new Food Academy. I am delighted that I have established contact with Lopa Patel MBE and she has kindly agreed to visit the school, open the room and give a keynote speech. "It sounds like fun!" said Lopa.

Anyway, here's hoping to keeping my Toolkit blog updated more regularly and hoping that someone asks me to write a book and make a practical profession into a 'how to' text book!

- follow me @rossmcgill, @TeacherToolkit or @DodgyEye on Twitter.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Ask the Teacher?